In 1997, the ICO created the Clinical Research Unit, dedicated exclusively to the supervision and coordination of clinical research at the Institute. This unit, which reports to ICO Management, has the following objectives:
- Cooperate independently in research involving ICO patients.
- Give support to researchers.
- Manage clinical trials on therapies.
- Generate its own lines of research.
- Actively take part in translational research programmes. Currently, work is being done in the areas of oncolytic viruses, a new drug development programme or angiogenesis.
- Research in statistical methodology.
Margarita Garcia Martin
Trial nurses and clinical research technicians
Biostatistics and clinical research technicians
Clinical research technician
Ma Carmen García
Financial and administrative management
Clinical Research Unit – 3rd floor, main building
Address: Av. de la Granvia de l’Hospitalet, 199-203 / 08908
L’Hospitalet de Llobregat
Financial and administrative management and therapeutic clinical trials: firstname.lastname@example.org